Monday, January 5, 2009

January Newsletter

January Newsletter
Well, the new year is here. So is my diet. How one person can consume so many cokes is beyond my power of imagination. But between
the Cokes, four trips to Leo's for chicken wings and mama's fried chicken on New Year's Day! Well, let's just say, those blue jeans I got for Christmas might should have been a size larger! December welcomed us with our first snow fall. It was beautiful and too quick. This is the shot out of my front door. It had the biggest flakes and I felt like a little girl! If it's going to be cold, I would at least rather it snow. I also joined Facebook. Might be the craziest decision I've ever made. Like I didn't have enough e-mail to respond to, now I've got more friends then I know. But I love it! So, if you're not my friend yet, get on there and become my friend. I've found friends that I haven't talked to in over twenty years! I know, I can't believe I could know people that old, but it's true. Before I left to go home I had a wonderful evening at my neighbor's Dave and Patti Libardi. And let me tell you it was wonderful. Dave is Italian and he made some meatballs that were the best thing I have ever eaten. Two of their three beautiful daughters were home for the festivities and oodles of neighbors came by. And oh, there was dancing! I mean well, sort of. One of our neighbors shook a leg, well, not quite like I've ever seen one shook! I also celebrated Christmas with my brother and his wife and baby Georgia. They gave me one of the most thoughtful gifts. A newspaper headline from the day I was born. How cool is that! And I gave Georgia her second Olivia book. Look how much she loved it. And me and Maggie and Sophie took our Christmas picture! The best moments were those at home. I spent about two weeks at home with my family and the first stop of course as soon as dropped Maggie and Sophie off at mom and dad's was to head to Leo's. That's why I've got such a big smile! Christmas Eve had us doing the brother and sister, aunt and nieces and nephew gift exchange. It had us celebrating Maggie's 14th birthday and celebrating dad actually getting in the kitchen. He makes the best steamed shrimp ever! Add to that french fries and mom's cole slaw and rolls and you don't need anything else but an elastic band on your britches... Christmas morning actually found me spending it with my parents all by myself. That is the first time that has ever happened in my life. Both my brothers have spent Christmas mornings with my parents by themselves but I had never done that. We had such a wonderful and relaxed time and it doesn't matter how old you are you still feel like a kid on Christmas! Of course it was only relaxed for a little while because we headed to my brother's for lunch and it was Wii mania! New Years Eve was all girls all day! What a perfect day we had. Me and Hannah, Lauren and Abigail and Mom had lunch with our old and wonderful friends Johnny and Annah Deal and their two beautiful daughters. (still could kick myself for not getting a picture of us!) Then us girls headed to watch "Bedtime Stories" at the movies. Left there and went to the bowling alley and then headed for Pizza! By the time the ball got ready to drop we were all about to drop. But I made it! First time in years! But probably because it was technically only 11 at my house in Nashville. Mom missed it by 10 minutes. She almost made it! But it was a wonderful year! My prayer is that your year and holidays were filled with as many wonderful memories as we had. I can only imagine what 09 holds. I believing for amazing things!


Alive Moment

For me nothing makes me more alive then being with my nieces and nephews. Honestly. At this point in my life I have not been blessed with children. But I honestly don't know how I could love them any more than I love these. These past two months have given me the opportunity to be with my older brother's children a lot more than I usually have time for. Even Jake and Aunt Niecy had their first sleep over! Having baby Georgia here in Nashville has been the icing on the cake. I've spent my entire life being away from nieces and nephew until she arrived. Hannah will be 13 in just a couple months! Lord have mercy, I can't believe that! Whenever she gives one of her quick witted comments I feel alive. Lauren will be 11 in just a couple months. Whenever she comes up and asks if she can do something for you with her servant heart I come alive. Abigail will be 7 in just three days! And whenever that child laughs or impersonates Elvis, I come alive. Jake will be 5 in a couple months. And every time he slaps that baseball cap over his red locks and gives me that look, I come alive. Georgia just turned 7 months. And every time she smiles I come alive.
I can't imagine the feeling if they were my own. But every day I pray for them. That they'll be protected and wise. Every day I pray that they'll know God at an early age and never turn they're hearts away from that knowledge. And every day I thank God that since life has yet to offer me the privilege of a child, He has been gracious enough to give me five that I love as my own. Thank you for letting me share that. May the love of a child help you feel alive too.

January Book Pick
I always do things a little different at the beginning of the year. I just set aside some time to reflect. So, this year I'm rereading "Purpose Driven Life." If you've never read it please do. If you read it a few years back it's a message that never grows old!

The Whole Woman Revolution begins January 21st!
If you're anywhere near Franklin, Tennessee and want to join us on Wednesday mornings for a Bible Study that I will be teaching just send us an e-mail at revolution@denisehildreth.com and we'll send you some more information! It's going to be an amazing study and a perfect way to begin the new year!

January Dates
January 30th 6:30 PM Northside Christian Church
1300 George Washington Memorial HWY. Yorktown, VA 23693
If you're in the area please join us!

To look into having Denise come to your church or next women's event e-mail her at denise@denisehildreth.com

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Denise! My name is Theresa and I am a member of Northside Christian Church. I had not read any of your work until your name appeared in the Sunday morning bulletin, but I am so happy it did! I wish I was going to be in town the weekend you visit us, but I will be in Blacksburg with my daughters. I will be praying for you that night and know you will be amazing! Maybe next time you're in town we can meet.

Treez Hoyden said...

I just saw Celine Dion in concert in Phoenix. She has a ridicuulous voice.

Ronel said...

Sounds like the holidays were amazing and a great blessing to you!! I am glad to hear it!!

I just read The Purpose Driven Life a few months ago and I loved loved it and can't wait to read it again in a year or so!!

Happy New year!!

Muddy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years with your family. Thank you for sharing the details and photos with all of us. God bless and take care