Tuesday, February 3, 2009

25 Random Things

Okay- so Facebook has sucked me in to its lively discourse. A friend told me when I got on there, "Welcome to the vortex that is Facebook." I told her "this will not consume me!" Then I found old friends I haven't talked to in years. I found people I had gone to school with from all over and couldn't believe I had lived this long without getting on Facebook. Then, I realized how you can stay connected with people and let them know what you're doing. Then came the 25 Random Things About Me, notes that I kept getting. I was like, "I'm never doing that." Well, here I am. Doing that. I think I'm going to stop saying, "I'm never doing that." Unless of course we're talking about jumping out of planes or eating bugs. I can assure you, I'm never doing that. So, here is my contribution to the Facebook vortex. And if you're on there you're more than welcome to become my friend. Can't promise I'll always be able to respond, but I can promise that it is one of the coolest things I've ever done. Do people still say cool? Anyway, when you get through reading these, go write your own. You will find it harder than you think. I promise. The Facebook Experience 25 Random things about me. 1- I’ve never broken a bone. 2- I was born in Hagerstown, MD- It is below the Mason Dixon Line so I am southern 3- I’ve attended 10 different schools 4- I’ve lived in 13 different houses 5- I once sang both an Italian aria and a German aria for my final grade in Vocal Performance my Freshman Year at The College of Charleston. 6- I’ve visited 10 different countries. My favorite was Austria. 7- I traveled to England when I was 13 in a touring Theater Group for 3 weeks without my mother. (What was she thinking!) 8- The first man I planned on marrying was Donny Osmond. Unfortunately, he never planned on it... 9- I’m yet to decorate my own house. Going to decorate my next one! 10- I was once written up in the “criminal” section of my College Newspaper. 11- I worked for 3 years as a Senate Page for the South Carolina Senate. 12- I worked as a DJ in college for 3 years at the radio station in my hometown. 13- I once sang to “John Black” from Days of Our Lives who just got the boot! 14- I performed for two years at the Piccolo Spoleto Festival in two different plays in Charleston, South Carolina 15- I never use my first two initials together- Why you ask? Because my name is Valerie Denise… 16- I use to love to swing lizards by their tales until they fell off. I learned this from my older brother. 17- I once wanted Katie Couric’s job. Until I realized what time she had to get up. 18- If I could do any job other than what I do, I’d be a labor and delivery nurse. I was in the room for the birth of two of my nieces and it is the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. 19- I was in the room when someone passed away. That too is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. 20- I took my driver’s test on a stick shift and have loved driving them ever since. 21- My dream is to one day to have my own piece of the world with horses and dogs and no houses within 500 acres. 22- I make the best homemade biscuits and fried chicken you’d ever want to eat. Well, after my mama. 23- I can’t stand to hear people file their nails. 24- If I were rich, the one indulgence I would give myself is having fresh flowers all the time. 25- I use to be addicted to sweat tea instead of Coca-Cola. (You just fell out of your chair didn’t you!)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Denise! I'm a big fan of yours, so this was a lot of fun to read. I'm completely with you on #21. Thanks for sharing these tidbits about yourself! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty impressive list. I don't think I'll do one now. Just kidding! I'm with you on #21 also. Dream Big.
Renee

Anonymous said...

Denise--Fun post. I'm amazed you sang tO John Black . I've been a fan of Days of our life since 1970 I even named my child after Diedra Hall twin sister, Andrea .I haven't been following it for last few days and did not know John got the boot again.Anyway , I'm with you on no#21 too. That is a real big dream . I would be happy with 100 acres though. Think of the up keep . LOve this post.I' m having trouble with facebook. I think it's my lack of knowledge of the computer.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Denise on # 18.
Being present at a birth is
indescribable. Takes me days to get my feet back on the ground. Love, love your posts. I'm 71 and I have only been on facebook for 3-4 months now and I say it is neat & cool. I'd love to be your friend.
Blessings,
Shirley

Denise Hildreth said...

I'd be honored for any of you to be my friend on Facebook. Good to know you all want a farm and Mary Yetta I never had you for a John Black fan!

Take Care
Denise

Lynn G said...

Okay, I got that 25 things list from about 3 people and have yet to do mine - when does one find the time? I'm pretty lost on Facebooks as it is! LOL Loved your list. We share the no broken bones and seeing a person die - not so sure it was amazing, as it was my mother last summer, but it WAS an experience.