Sunday, August 3, 2008

Befriended

Sure have enjoyed being befriended this week. I was walking the other morning listening to Israel Houghton's song, "I am a Friend of God". Just reminded me of what a privilege that really is.

Then I was having lunch with a friend on Thursday and she was talking about the "befriended" blog and why Abraham stopped at 10 people. I told her about something I had heard one of my pastors say one time, "I'm not sure if Abraham stopped at 10 because he was afraid to go any farther, or if he knew that was as far as God would go."

I'm thinking his friendship had him able to see it in Jesus' face. "This is as far as we can go buddy. Just 10." And Abraham stopped. I want to know Jesus that way. I want to recognize his walk and his face:)

2 comments:

Ronel said...

Me,too!! Great post!!

I am in the middle of Savannah Comes Undone....LOVE IT!!

Have a great day!!
Blessing, Ronel

Anonymous said...

When I read your blog I was reminded of a song from our Baptist Hymnal "What a Friend We Have in Jesus"....

Here is a portion of the first verse:

"What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!

What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!"

Indeed it is a privilege to have my friend Jesus. He is there for me morning, noon, night and every minute in between.

"Jesus Loves ME this I know...."