Friday, August 15, 2008

Comment to Anonymous

My precious friend,

The beautiful thing about God is that His love invites each of us. Your invitation comes as beautifully packaged and as elegantly embossed as mine. But the stories of our lives will be different. Your road and my road will not look alike. Your pains and trials will not look like mine. Nor your amazing discoveries. Why? Because what He desires to accomplish through us and with us is not the same. What is the same is the invitation. Coming from the same Father, extended with the same grace. My sweet friend, I think the one thing that makes me love the Lord all the more is the fact that He can call a mother Teresa and still call an "over processing", often dramatic, needy soul like myself. The distance is not between you and I. The distance is between us and Him. That's why He span the chasm. May He reveal His great love to you, and may anything in your heart that clouds it be laid to rest...

But the only thing you or I need to know, separate of all I've just said, is that if it had only been you or only been me He would have still died. Thus proving that each of us is loved in the same extravagant way.

No comments: