Thursday, June 5, 2008

Welcome baby girl/Song-Georgia on my Mind

















Since
I've written so much about her, I thought I'd introduce you to Georgia Ryan. She came into the world at 5:30 on June 3rd, weighing in at a hefty 8lbs. 10 ozs. and 22 inches long. That is almost half my size! And this picture is taken from her Aunt Niecy's arms.


I've seen life come into the world on 3 different occasions. I was in the room at the birth of two of my nieces and for one of my friends. And I can say that there is nothing more miraculous than seeing life appear.

I've also been in the room when someone left this life. Both are extraordinary to witness. We're sitting here waiting on her to arrive home for the first time. While some of you even today might be sitting at the bedside of loved ones waiting to go home. All I know is that God is wrapped up in each one. He's in the coming and going. The arriving and departing. With one I'm sure he is slightly sad. Watching a little one slip from his arms into the arms of parents for a season has to be slightly difficult for him. He knows that He is trusting mere humans with eternal callings.

The other I'm sure is bittersweet. While he is so happy to know one of His is coming back home, He's also sad to see us weep. So, I'm sure He sheds a tear, while he grins. The ever present one, present in our going and comings.

May we realize that life holds much to rejoice in. And so today, no matter what bed your sitting by, a crib, a bassinet, a hospital, or your own, there is something to be grateful for. Today, I'm grateful for being blessed to watch life come and go, and grateful for the life that lies in the in between, knowing that God is present in each.

5 comments:

Ronel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronel said...

That is an amazing perspective on life and death. Currently, I am enjoy much life around my house. My son is going to be four years old on the 12th of June and I am just loving every minute of his life.

Thanks for sharing.
Blessings, Ronel

ggq said...

Please tell Miss Georgia hello from her "Good Neighbor" friends in Lugoff, SC. She is precious and we look forward to watching her grow. What a precious little pork chop!

Anonymous said...

Denise, she's gorgeous. What a blessing.
Congratulations!
Susan
Cartersville Georgia

Kelly said...

Denise;
Welcome to the world Georgia Ryan. She is absolutely beautiful. I have just finished reading your 'Savannah' series again (twice now) and I thought I would see if you had a website! Good timing on my part because I got to see your beautiful little miracle. My sons are 13 and 11 and I can still picture the days they were born and remember their tiny little features - and I also remember being in awe of God's little creation placed in my arms. You are very blessed to experience your very own miracle in your new daughter. Thank you for bringing such joy to me too through your books ~ you are truly a talented writer. I am certain God has made you to be a truly wonderful mom too.
Blessings
Kelly